Hej! Ciao! Welcome to my little Paradise! Thanks for checking-in! I’m Isabel, a 29-year old Swede who grew up in the snug Swedish countryside and moved across the globe to Asia – Seoul, Beijing and finally settled down in Hong Kong. Shoebox-Living is what I call my home; a 25 square meter studio filled with way too many shoes. Living in such a small space has it’s fair share of challenges but it has also pushed me becoming more creative – always looking for ways to re-use, improve and rationalise the space. As a Scandinavian, I’m naturally obsessed about home-interior and fashion design (the DNA of IKEA and H&M runs in my blood!), but it’s my experiences in Asia that has provided me a profound admiration and respect about the story behind the making – the craftsmanship, materials and colours. This blog is about all that and much more – inspirations, fashion & home DIY as well as my travel experiences – hope you will enjoy it!
- HIGH-STREET: J.Crew – awesome fabrics and pattern combinations, Club Monaco – consistent quality and innovative fabrications, Zara – a no brainer but seriously, no other place can get you better fitting budget blazer.
- LUXURY: Valentino – simply amazed what creative directors Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli have done with the brand – the strong feminine point-of-view and the handcraft is just-simply-perfect, Dolce & Gabbana – love the cultural influences and vibrant use of colours in their collections, Stella McCartney – always sharp, minimal and consistent eye for detailing and pattern making.
- HOME INTERIOR – Most of my home is white, but I bring life to it with colourful fabrics, wallpapers and textures – Designers Guild – because of their amazing colour combinations, Ralph Lauren Home – New England always works!, Missoni – only me that thinks their Home Interior is better than their Fashion Collection? Chevrons all-over – Yes Please!
- BLOGS – Atlantic Pacific, Style by Kling, The Sartorialist,Tulla Vintage, Story of my life, I Spy DIY, P.S – I made this, A Pair & A Spare
- I love Tomato and Mayonnaise Sandwiches – grew up on them in fact. Absolutely must be Swedish Mayonnaise – it has stronger taste of vinegar than the American version!
- My dad caught me stealing a pink pen from the state library when I was three! My defence ” But Dad, I love Pink” (did I mentioned I reeeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyy like pink?)
- My Chinese name is 蓓蕾 / Beilei and means flower bud that-is-about-to-open (Yes, I do speak Mandarin Chinese!)
- I took 30+ classes to get my driving license! Thanks god I got it on my first try!
- My sister is a budding artist living in London. Weirdly, we are the complete opposites – she is tall and dark – I’m short and blond. Check out her webpage here
- Ever since I was a kid, I’ve been obsessed about arranging all my clothes by colour – OCD symptom?
Thank you again for visiting my blog – I LOVE hearing from my readers so don’t be shy – any feedback is appreciated. Thank you for spending your time here – it means a lot to me!
XXX / Bella